Prophix Review

Mobile capabilities could be improved. Overall great ease of use, and it was easy to manipulate.

What is most valuable?

From a planning perspective, the budget templates were the most valuable. From a data analytics perspective, the ad hoc reporting features, the Prophix for Excel enhancements, and the ability to link data within different cubes were the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It completely revitalized the way my company did its reporting and analysis. Before Prophix, we completed all of our annual budgets using Excel templates. We struggled with version control issues and lacked a central place for our most accurate data to be housed. After implementing Prophix, we could automatically refresh all budget templates with current information.

What needs improvement?

I think the mobile capabilities could be improved. This was the one area that still needed enhancement.

I used this product for two years.

No issues encountered.

We got timely responses to our help tickets and questions. Reps were usually happy to take control of our screen and really dive into the problems in real time.

9/10.

No previous solution used.

It was straightforward. We were told upfront what they would need from us (Chart of Account Mapping, Department Structure, IT Requirements, etc.) and within six weeks we were up and running.

We used a vendor team. Our vendor team was very reliable and knowledgeable, it was a good team.

Words can’t express how much our company benefited from using this product.

• We saved hours from a reporting standpoint
  • We greatly increased efficiency
  • We enhanced our ability to do analysis and research

And I’m sure that these all resulted in numerous dollars saved.

Original setup costs were around $70K. Outside of regular maintenance, our day-to-day cost was almost zero.

Yes, we also looked at Budget Maestro and Adaptive Planning. We liked the presentation and sales pitch from Prophix the most.

What other advice do I have?

If you are still using Excel for budgeting and reporting, this product will change your life and that of your company. Prophix is great software that is constantly improving. The company really seems to value customer feedback when deciding on enhancements for future versions as well.

More Prophix reviews from users