What is most valuable?
- OLAP technology
- The ease of building a report
How has it helped my organization?
- The products are linked to operational software (SAP) through an ODBC connection, so uploading the data is just on the click of a button
- Creating a forecast or budget model is very simple
- The turn around time and accuracy has improved dramatically
- Analysis became much easier
What needs improvement?
- Areas where you load your CapEx still need a lot of improvements
- The Excel add-in is not as good as Hyperions
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for six years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Yes many issues at the beginning.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
6/10. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We previously used Hyperion, and we switched because Prophix was much cheaper to implement.
How was the initial setup?
It was complex as we had to setup different types of businesses into our consolidation model.
What about the implementation team?
We did it through a vendor team who were very good.
What was our ROI?
I would say US$80K/year as it has automated the process and saved us from hiring a new analyst.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Yes, we looked at several and Adaptive Planning was one, among others.
What other advice do I have?
I recommend it. It's worth the money you spend on the software.