Prophix Review

The ability to leave off table-of-contents links to report downloads would be nice, but Prophix has always been the bar I’ve compared other solutions to.

Valuable Features:

• Budgeting
  • Ability to easily add parent and child dimensions
  • Ability to create statistical accounts to calculate metrics or calculate variable driven budgets directly in the budgeting software

Improvements to My Organization:

I’ve used more budgeting systems than I can count and Prophix has always been the bar I’ve compared the others to. The ability to streamline dynamic variable-driven budgets in addition to different hierarchies has always been imperative to the budgeting process.

Room for Improvement:

• The ability for statistical accounts to more easily recalculate instead of summing metrics
  • The time it takes to export OLAP reports has increased as newer versions were released
  • The ability to leave off table-of-contents links to report downloads would be nice
  • Ability to drill into specific accounts easier inside the system

Use of Solution:

I've used it for four years.

Stability Issues:

At times, Prophix would crash if too many files were open.

Previous Solutions:

I’ve used M3, MoveX, MAX, SAP, Essbase, Cognos, and M3. I prefer Essbase and Prophix to the others.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The time saved by building variables to drive accounts inside the budgeting system, along with balancing accounts to spread increases or decreases based on different accounts or versions, more than makes up for the pricing of the software. As long as Prophix stays low-cost compared to other software, they will remain a viable option for my consulting clients.

1 visitor found this review helpful