Prophix Review

We're able to budget on individual levels, i.e. by person for payroll, by vehicle for transportation, etc., but we had a lot of deployment problems.

What is most valuable?

The ability to budget on individual levels, i.e. by person for payroll, by vehicle for transportation, etc.

What needs improvement?

The payroll module is powerful, but not user friendly.

One budgeting season before I left the company.

Discovery was not in depth enough for our deployment to be successful – we had a lot of problems and had to take short-cuts due to a lack of planning.

No issues encountered.

When a number of users were on the system at once it seemed to lag somewhat.

It was OK when we had to call the help desk, but again, discovery in the beginning was lacking.

We had specific needs and I don’t feel we had the experience we needed to build our model.

We were using Excel for budgeting and FRx for reporting. The excel was getting to the point of being hard to manage as we grew and FRx was an obsolete product without further support.

It was complex as there wasn't enough discovery.

A combination of vendor and internal team. With the complex budgeting and reporting model we needed – I don’t feel like we had the person with the best experience level.

It really depends on your needs.

Others were evaluated, but I wasn’t the one that did the research.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you force them to do a very deep dive into your company’s needs first and plan accordingly.

3 visitors found this review helpful