PRTG Network Monitor Review

Finally a system monitoring tool that is easy to deploy and simple to use.

Valuable Features:

First let me start by saying I have been using system monitoring tools for a very long time. I first cut my teeth with HP Openview "back in the day" and most recently with Microsoft System Center which I have now completely replaced as a monitoring and alerting system with a bit of software called PRTG from a company called Paessler.Here are the top 10 strong points of PRTG: - Rapid deployment - But, there are best practices for sure... - Highly scale-able - Intuitive interface - quick learning curve - Inexpensive to license - Accurate - Works with most infrastructure without customization - Updated often and very easy to update - Good support from the vendor - Kind to diskspace consumption - not sure how they do it! - Easy to re-architect as your infrastructure changesMy company runs a large scale SAAS infrastructure with a large mix of technologies. PRTG is the first software product we have used to accurately alert the right people of trouble. This has been a huge boost in customer satisfaction for sure.

Room for Improvement:

There is not much not to love in this software but one item on my wishlist that has yet to be addressed in an intuitive way is the ability to use and manage templates. This would allow you to apply templates easily and then modify templates easily.
More PRTG Network Monitor reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Network Device Monitor
Get ahead of IT infrastructure issues

With PRTG Network Monitor you can identify and solve potential issues before it affects anyone. Download a free 30-day trial today and experience the benefits of 24-hour IT Infrastructure Monitoring.

Learn what your peers think about PRTG Network Monitor. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.