PRTG Network Monitor Review

Overall Ease Of Use Is Good Though To Modify Sensors You May Need Support

What is most valuable?

Accessibility, ease of use (Web GUI, MobileApps). In general, compared with other software, it's easy to install/implement and build structures. It's also cost effective.

How has it helped my organization?

Every department in my company uses this tool for SMS or e-mail alerts regarding its devices.

What needs improvement?

Mostly, this software has sensors for devices to monitor specs and you can build or develop or modify various sensors, according to your company's needs. But you may need to do that with coding or plugins or with the support of Paessler AG, the manufacturer.

About one and a half years.

It depends on your company's IT infrastructure. Mostly security issues (firewall/proxy permissions, etc.) are the ones that could cause stability problems in my experience.

Because we are a relatively new user, I can't really comment on this.

Support is mostly done via support tickets. Nothing is perfect, I’d give them eight out of 10. They do as much as they can.

We have used SAP ITIM. We switched because PRTG is more cost effective then SAP ITIM monitoring.

Initial setup is straightforward. Not a big deal in general.

If you're looking for a cost effective software I’d suggest this product. If you have worked with/used a more professional product or need a more professional/complex product, I would not recommend this one. If you want a straightforward and easy solution, PRTG Network Monitoring is one of the best.

I was not the decision maker so no comment.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for "easy", "simple", and "user friendly", I would recommend this product.

Get ahead of IT infrastructure issues

With PRTG Network Monitor you can identify and solve potential issues before it affects anyone. Download a free 30-day trial today and experience the benefits of 24-hour IT Infrastructure Monitoring.