PRTG Network Monitor Review

Nice product with an easy interface to use and a large variety of sensors

What is our primary use case?

• Monitoring network
  • Uptime
  • Resources on servers
  • Better monitor our network, local, and remote hosts, and network usage as well.

How has it helped my organization?

• PRTG has improved our visibility and response time to issues related to remote sites.
  • Nice product with an easy interface to use and a large variety of sensors.

What is most valuable?

• Ping monitoring
  • WMI for RAM
  • Hard drive space on servers
  • Monitors site uptime (and notices when it is down), along with thresholds when server RAM or HD is running low, which has helped us.

What needs improvement?

Needs ability to monitor standard notification time (notify after X time).

Web-based interface is easy to use, but it is cumbersome to make changes across several devices.

Less than one year.

No issues.

No issues.

Tech support and sales have been great.

Setup was straightforward. It is too easy to use up sensors on fluff items (core switch, etc.).  Took effort to focus on key items, such as uptime, etc.

Did not use the vendor to setup.

Currently, we are using the free version. ROI was immediate after receiving notifications with low HD or RAM on servers.

Sensors on free version can run out quick. However, the ability to use the base version with 100 free sensors is great. The cost on other packages can be very reasonable.

It was recommended by our network engineers. Other clients use PRTG and have had a great experiences with it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. We are evaluating the advanced features and client PC application monitoring.

Get ahead of IT infrastructure issues

With PRTG Network Monitor you can identify and solve potential issues before it affects anyone. Download a free 30-day trial today and experience the benefits of 24-hour IT Infrastructure Monitoring.