PTC Creo Review

User-friendly interface with helpful Map Keys and Part Family features

What is our primary use case?

This solution is mainly used for creating 3D models, 2D drawings, and converting older-format 2D drawings into the latest format that is compatible with current-market CAD tools.

This solution also helps to keep our drawing and other business-related data synchronized in the PLM.

How has it helped my organization?

The parameters of 2D drawings can be changed easily by editing the 3D model. It makes the drawing conversion an easy process with the help of Map keys and pre-defined shortcut keys. It is very easy to locate the user coordinate system while starting any model creation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Map keys and Part Family features.

Map keys make the usage very smooth and easy, whereas the Part Family creation is very easy with simple variable definition and table creation for the variant parts.

The user interface is very simple and user-friendly when compared to other CAD tools in the market.

What needs improvement?

PTC Creo is flexible software for part modeling and Design models can be created more effectively for complex shapes with freestyle capabilities. Sometimes, while working on highly complex assembly files, finding out the small missing parts is difficult and takes a lot of time.

We have been using this solution for five years.

Good and apt for providing solutions

Prior to this solution, we used AutoCAD. AutoCAD is fully based on 2-dimensional drawings and not meant for 3D models.

Our ROI is very high and good in the upcoming days.