PTC Integrity Review

Good traceability, but the user interface is difficult to navigate and the solution needs to be more plug-and-play

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution manager and I manage a portfolio of applications in the company. We have been conducting a PTC Integrity pilot.

We use it for documentation and requirements management. We do not use it for test management, yet. It is for requirements collection and then creating and maintaining specification documents.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is traceability starting from the requirements until the end of a project. This works provided it has been properly managed.

What needs improvement?

We are unhappy because everything that we needed required customization and this is not a plug-and-play type of solution at all. It is like for every small thing, you need a dedicated team around to do the customization. Even very simple needs that are generic in the industry are not available out of the box. Overall, it needs to be more plug-and-play.

The integrations that PTC has built are not fully integrable.

The version that we are using is not web-based, but client-based. I have received feedback from our team who is doing the most recent PoC and they are not happy with the web-based interface. Apparently, it does not have all of the features that the client-based one has.

Our client-based version is not helping us because each machine needs to have the application separately installed, which is a big problem for us.

The user interface is difficult to navigate.

We have been using and evaluating PTC Integrity for almost two years.

With respect to stability, I can only say that I have not seen any escalations for support being generated by my team.

This is a scalable solution because it is cloud-hostable. So, there is no problem. But again, the scalability when it comes to the client-side, where we have to install it on every system, it becomes a roadblock. In that regard, I don't know whether we should really call it a scalable solution.

We have about 200 users.

My team has been in touch with technical support but I have not heard any feedback in regard to things like response time.

The initial setup is complex because if I have 1,000 users then the setup cannot be done at one time. You need a dedicated infrastructure person to install it separately on each machine.

We are still in the process of evaluating other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We have not integrated this solution with our PLM system, yet.

Overall, we are not very happy with PTC Integrity.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More PTC Integrity reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about PTC, Atlassian, Siemens and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.