Pulse Connect Secure Review

Provides good security for our virtual desktops while working remotely from home

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to create a secure connection for our virtual desktops when we are working from home or other remote locations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to securely connect and use virtual desktops.

What needs improvement?

This solution normally works but at times, we have had trouble with connectivity. Disconnections are not regularly happening but they do cause us problems. This type of instability is very serious and we don’t know why the disconnections happen. We have a license for 50 users and there are only 25 of us, yet sometimes it is a problem.

It is not easy to create a connection, so this is something that should be improved.

We have been suing Pulse Connect Secure for between four and five years. We began using this solution when it was still owned and managed by Juniper Networks.

We have experienced instability because of intermittent disconnections.

We use this solution on a daily basis. Things have also changed recently because of the COVID crisis. Prior to this, many people did not work from home. Now, however, most people are working from their homes and need a secure connection.

Scalability does not seem to be a problem. We currently have 50 licenses and close to 25 regular users. We expect this to increase because we have 80 or 90 people in total, who may be working from home.

I have not spoken with technical support personally. I believe that support is given through our local partner.

Our in-house team performed the implementation and deployment, including the RSA token.

We are now looking for another solution because our infrastructure is from Cisco and we have the VPN concentrator. Half of our staff are using Cisco VPN. It is without an RSA token and our users are saying that it is more stable. It is also easier because they only need to use a name and password.

What other advice do I have?

From my research and experiences, I would say that this is not the best solution on the market, but it is one of the best. When it comes to setting up a super-secret connection, it may not be possible to make it much easier. I think that when it comes to a secret connection with two-factor authentication, you need to follow the steps.

The only real complaint that I have about Pulse Connect Secure is the instability that comes from the disconnections.