Pure FlashArray X NVMe Review

Reasonably priced, scales well, and offers good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for cluster applications and databases. We use the solution on the DBA and those that use double machines.

What is most valuable?

Being able to have broken files on-site on the same appliance is quite useful.

The newer version of NVME has a really noticeable difference in quality versus the last generation. It's better in terms of latency. It allows for so much more input.

The initial setup was extremely simple and straightforward.

The stability is quite good.

We've found the scalability to be excellent.

The price of the product isn't too high.

What needs improvement?

To be able to do the welcome files simultaneously on a lower version would be helpful.

I general, we don't really have any pain points when dealing with the solution.

The solution should improve its logon requirements.

I'd like to see the product implement active replication for vehicles such as VMware.

The stability has been very good and very reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance has been good.

The solution can scale if you need it to. It offers good scalability.

We have already expanded capacity and installed additional chokes and it works perfectly, with no downtime and no impact on production.

We do have plans to increase usage in the future. We're looking forward to installing more clusters and extending the offering.

While we have five main users that manage the arrays, we have many, many general users of the product.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. It's quite simple and very straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

We pay for licensing on a yearly basis. We're pretty happy with the cost. It's reasonable and not overly expensive.

Before choosing this solution, we evaluated solutions from HP, IBM, and Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners.

While I would recommend the product to others, I would also advise that they try it out first via a proof of concept if they are not so sure about the solution. It's free and they can experiment with all the features in their own environments.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We are very happy with the product overall.

X20 R3
More Pure FlashArray X NVMe reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM FlashSystem 9100 NVMe
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Dell EMC, Pavilion and others in NVMe All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.