Pure FlashArray X NVMe Review

Easy to use with good performance and saves us money on staffing

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for on-premises, VMware workload storage.

How has it helped my organization?

I do not hire as much tech support for this solution as I would normally have to because of the way that it works, so it saves money on staffing.

VMware benefits our organization because we make use of the applications for everything.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its ease of use and performance.

What needs improvement?

You can't use this solution with VNC, yet. We would like to see VNC integration or be able to use Pure Storage with VNC.

I would like to see the cloud version of the application improved. It is kind of new and it still has some limitations. Using it with VNC would be nice, and making it more incorporated with vSphere would be very nice.

The stability of this solution is extremely high. Very good.

Scalability of this solution is decent, and I would rate it a seven out of ten. We've recently become a VNC client, and you can't use Pure Storage with VNC yet. They are working towards it, but in the meantime, it prohibits us from using VNC along with some of the Pure features that they have.

I would rate Pure's technical support a ten out of ten.

We switched from our previous storage solutions because of speed. At the time, Pure was a lot faster. It was flash, and we were on spinning disks at the time.

The initial setup of this solution was simple and straightforward.

We used Logicalis, an integrator, for our deployment. Our experience with them was good.

We pay approximately $50,000 USD per year in licensing fees.

We looked at EMC, Pure, and IBM. The Pure interface was much better, which is why we chose it. The cost was also better in most cases.

What other advice do I have?

We run VMware on Pure, mainly because of the speed and the ease of use of the Pure storage interface. The joint solution has helped because we can do the same thing with a lot less tech.

We use the vSphere plug-in for Pure. It helps because we don't have to learn the CLI for Pure. It allows my medium-level tech staff to do stuff that they normally would be a little nervous about doing on their own.

We are big fans of this product, and for anybody considering this solution, I strongly encourage them to use it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Pure FlashArray X NVMe reviews from users