Pure Storage FlashArray Review

An amazing solution with an outstanding reputation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to assist with our on-premise database workloads; In conjunction with our Oracle database and SQL server database.

Within our organization, there are roughly four people using this solution.

What is most valuable?

Pure Storage has been of great value to us as it provides us with a lot of great tools, especially for monitoring and capacity planning.

Also, Pure Storage is extremely user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution itself is pretty solid. Perhaps the time available for selecting upgrades or for scheduling things could be improved. On a couple of occasions, the waiting time for an upgrade has been pretty substantial.

In the next release, I would like for them to support file systems on the lower-end models, like the X-10 or X-20.

Pure Storage is extremely reliable — it's never failed.

I have increased the capacity during working hours with no impact on production at all.

Their technical support is excellent. Once we raise a ticket, they respond very quickly. Even better, their support is proactive. In most cases, they are the ones contacting us, not the other way around.

The initial setup was extremely simple. It takes about half an hour to get it up and running.

Our licensing is on a yearly basis. They have a standardized fee; it's been the same price for 10 years straight. I am happy with the price — I think it's good.

What other advice do I have?

I trust them — their reputation is outstanding. Pure Storage is an amazing solution. I would totally recommend this technology. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Pure Storage a rating of ten.

If you're skeptical, there is a free demo that you can use to test it in your environment. Just give it a try, test out all the features, and experiment.

Flash Array R2
More Pure Storage FlashArray reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC SC Series
Learn what your peers think about Pure Storage FlashArray. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.