Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Our VDI performance latency has been reduced to microseconds

What is our primary use case?

We use it for VDI.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to run VDI under other storage. The performance wasn't great, but when we moved to Pure we got less than a few microseconds in performance. Latency is the most important aspect for us.

What is most valuable?

The performance.

What needs improvement?

We would always like to see higher performance, and lower pricing is always better. In general, they're going in the right direction.

It's very stable and it's very fast. In general, a lot of times VDI with our older system was up and down. Sometimes we ran into performance bottlenecks. Pure helps stabilize things, at least from a storage perspective, to stabilize the I/O performance.

We haven't reached the stage yet, specifically on VDI, where we have to scale.

Technical support is great. They make it simple.

Our previous solution was slow. We ran into a lot of I/O bottlenecks. I had wanted to get Pure into our environment for a few years. They lowered the price to the point that the price-to-performance fit our budget.

The initial setup was straightforward, very fast. We had done a PoC before.

We used a reseller, ePlus. They worked closely with Pure, with their engineers.

When users don't call wanting to kill me, that's ROI. The internal VDI performance was bad and, from an IT perspective, we had unsatisfied customers. Our ROI is that we don't get angry customers calling to say the solution doesn't work.

The price-to-performance is good. I looked at Pure about three to four years back, but the price-to-performance wasn't right for us. Now, it's right.

What other advice do I have?

Try a PoC. Work up a PoC and you will really see a performance improvement.

For our purposes, Pure doesn't really simplify storage. We just needed the performance for VDI. Our enterprise system is on another storage system.

Overall, I would rate Pure at nine out of ten. I'm leaving them room for improvement but, so far, we are satisfied with Pure Storage.

Schedule Now