Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Cut down provisioning time and simplified storage

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything. We have a mixed storage use.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped my organization by cutting down on provisioning time. I used to have to provision a VM and it would take ten minutes, now, it takes thirty seconds.

It has helped simplify storage. I don't have to go to the management counsel anymore. Everything else is taken care of by support teams in the background which is very good.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us would be its speed.

What needs improvement?

The data reduction is working well for the expected usage of VMs and other stuff like that. I do see it's not working very well for already compressed data which is expected. I know this solution is true to the expectation and how it's advertised.

I would like to see active replication. I know that it's available now but I haven't tried it yet. I hope that it works.

Three to five years.

Stability is very good. I've only had two big problems with it in the last five years.

Scalability is good. It's fairly easy for me to add capacity.

I haven't had to use their technical support much. The few times I had to call them, they were very responsive. I was happy with them.

We knew we needed to switch solutions because our last storage unit was running out of support so we needed a new one. We chose Pure Storage because we've been using it for a while back and knew that it's a good product.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

We used a reseller for the deployment. They were good, I didn't have any issues with them.

It's expensive but compared to other solutions, you get what you pay for.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking into this solution I would tell you that it's a product that's good for almost every scenario. If you have enough money, get Pure Storage.