Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Easy and simple to manage storage solution that has reduced downtime

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to keep our production and DR data in this storage.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization in the way that we used to see latency but now with this solution we don't. It also has good performance. Latencies have come down for our performance in the SQL databases. We can put a lot more in a lot less in terms of space savings. We also save data center space and have good deduplication.

It has also helped us simplify storage in the way that it's easy to manage. It's the most simple storage solution.

What is most valuable?

We like that there are good deduplication savings in terms of the usage in the data center and that the product itself works well.

Scalability is good. We can do an upgrade in which both of the controllers will be on which has reduced the downtime. The scalability has definitely improved.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to do testing on their upgrades.

This solution is stable. At times their product of grates could get a little tricky which can be problematic, but they quickly address it.

Scalability is going well. We have been expanding it and we have about five customers now.

Technical support is very good. We have a dedicated person who helps us which has been a good experience.

We switched because our old solution wasn't great and we wanted to replace it with a better solution.

The initial setup was straightforward in the way that the configuration was simple. It's simple to manage.

The reseller helps with all of the implementation processes.

We also considered Hitachi and Dell EMC XtremIO. Pure Storage made the cut because of its PoC performance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because there's always room for improvement. They should work on their upgrades, they're not smooth.

If you're considering this solution, I would tell you to do a PoC and if it meets your requirements, go for it. It's a good product. They're a good company and they have achieved good work.

See It In Action