Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Performance, dedupe, and that it works well with database workloads are its most valuable features

What is our primary use case?

We have workloads that demand high IOPS, so a lot of speed, fast access, time, and overall high performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Its ease of use is a very big thing for our customers. It's easy to set up and easy to maintain. The support is automated, which is very good.

What is most valuable?

• Performance
  • Deduplication
  • They work well with Oracle and other database workloads.

What needs improvement?

They are doing some stuff with containers and an object search. These could be improved, because containers is one of the main topics that we are talking with our customers about.

It is very stable.

It is easy to scale.

The initial setup was relatively straightforward from what I heard.

The pricing is an issue. However, being all-flash, it will always be sort of expensive.

NetApp is the biggest competitor, then SolidFire, and not so much Dell EMC anymore.

What other advice do I have?

When our customers are deciding on a storage solution, we talk about their needs and what they need as an outcome for their business. We usually show them how easy Pure Storage works and how fast it. These are strong points for most customers.

Try to get a demo, then test it.