Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Has a seamless integration into the public cloud, great support, and it's fast

What is our primary use case?

We use the hybrid cloud deployment model of this solution and use both AWS and Microsoft Azure as our cloud providers. Our primary use case for this solution is for mixed workloads.

We are running VMware on Pure. Pure gave us the storage because we're a partner so we're running on it.

How has it helped my organization?

The seamless integration into the public cloud has improved my organization. It also benefits my IT organization in many ways. We sell it, we use it, and it makes us faster.

The joint solution, VMware on Pure, has helped our organization. It's tested a lot of stuff and been put in production. It's also used for customers.

Our organization takes advantage of the VMware integrations developed by Pure, any APIs that are available to be using.

It offers seamless integrations and has made it easy for us to do. It's a simple product.

What is most valuable?

The performance and the Evergreen maintenance are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

In the next release I would like to see integration into other third-party player providers like Google.

The stability is excellent.

The scalability is excellent and is very easy.

Their support is very good, first-class.

We switched to this solution because of the timing. We are using this solution in conjunction with a solution from EMC.

The initial setup was straightforward. It only took us a couple of days to set it up. It was so simple.

We are an integrator and reseller so we did the implementation ourselves on one team.

We also evaluated NetApp. It was between NetApp and Pure. The reason we went with Pure Storage wasn't a technical decision, rather, it was just purely cost and the Evergreen maintenance that Pure provides. It just makes it easier when we have a new drive and a new chassis every three years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's simple. It's got great support and it's fast. It does what it's supposed to do. My advice to someone considering this solution would be to test it and build a proof of concept.