Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Has high reliability and enables us to have faster access to our data

What is our primary use case?

We use the private on-premise deployment model. Our primary use case of this solution is for virtual machines. We just use it as storage for our vCenter environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization in the way that we have high reliability and faster access to our data.

It has improved our IT organization in the way that we are able to provide systems to our customers quickly and provide high availability and reliability for their applications.

We are running VMware on Pure. Our main driver was speed. The joint solution has helped our organization through speed of delivery and speed of applications.

What is most valuable?

The top-tier support and reliable storage are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see file-level encryption.

It's highly stable. It's one of our biggest successes.

It's been really easy to expand storage with no downtime. It's one of the things we like about it.

Their technical support is great.

We knew we needed to switch to this solution because the industry is going away from spinning disks. We were on spinning disks, and the whole industry is going away from that.

We are still using IBM but we are not happy with it. IBM has taken old technology and tried to make it new. Pure has started from the ground up and built it.

The integration was straightforward.

Pure Storage did the integration for us.

Our costs are around $100,000.

We also evaluated Nimble, EMC, and HPE 3PAR. We ended up going with Pure because of the architecture, speed, and support.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten for its reliability, speed, and support. The support is awesome.

See It In Action