Pure Storage FlashArray Review

Simple to use, good performance, resilient, and good technical support

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution is the simplicity of the array.

The speed of the Pure FlashArray is very, very fast and nothing in the market can compare to it.

The education, compression, and the speed to perform these are astonishing.

The array is really resilient.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution is high and should be lowered.

It is not possible to create a cluster on top of multiple arrays.

I have been working with Pure Storage for about three years.

The stability of the Pure FlashArray is 100%.

With respect to scalability, it would be nice to create a LAN or a cluster on top of multiple arrays.

The technical support is 100% and they respond really quickly. Their Evergreen support plan is astonishing. They are a leader in this regard.

I have worked with similar solutions from IBM and NetApp. The advantage to those solutions is that you can create a LAN on top of multiple arrays.

The price of this solution is high.

With respect to comparing other solutions, when you put all of the features in a box, leverage them and migrate your application to one of these arrays, it will give you a lot of benefits. Some people have compared benchmark performance tests against other arrays and from my point of view, overall as a whole package when you sum everything up, Pure Storage is the winner.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good solution and my main complaint is about the price. Out of all of the arrays that I have worked with, Pure Storage is one of the better ones.

I highly recommend both the solution and the company. My suggestion to anybody who is considering this product is to do the mathematics regarding the budget and the price really well because the rate can be expensive when it comes to upgrading in the future, either scaling it up or out.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Pure Storage FlashArray reviews from users