Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

Uses the same platform for connectivity so integration is seamless; solid and very reliable

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases vary but usually we use the solution for cloud-based solutions. We use it for containers, which provide security on premises for our customers to test environments. Most of our customers are medium to large enterprises based in Bulgaria where we are located. We are resellers, distributors and system integrators. We have a partnership with FlashBlade.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable part of the solution would be the seamless integration. The fact that they all use the same platform for connectivity, regardless of the physical position of the place. From the customer's perspective, this is the easiest product that I've tested, it's seamless.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to find something that could be improved. The new version of the Purity operational system will be released this week and we've been told a lot of improvements have been made so we'll have to wait a few days and see what they're talking about.

I've been using this solution for a year.

This is a stable solution.

It's very easy to scale out and to scale up.

The technical support is good. I've been to the support center in Ireland. I've been doing this kind of work for 10 years and this is the best support line I've ever encountered. Very little maintenance is required although every solution requires troubleshooting if something is not running right. Usually the system reports any issues before they occur and sometimes the customer doesn't even know that he or she has a problem. The support line responds very swiftly, within 30 or 40 minutes. It's all automated.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It's takes about half an hour to deploy. Everything is usually web based and very thoroughly described. The company I currently work for is a reseller and system integrator so we usually do the integration. If the customer would like to do it, they can do it themselves. They're usually quite surprised at how easy it is to deploy.

This solution is on the more expensive side but it's usual for niche products with a lot of compatibility and features, so the price is right.

What other advice do I have?

There is a 30-day trial period for the product and there is no penalty for the customer if they don't like it. We rarely have issues with it.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

5.1
More Pure Storage FlashBlade reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Red Hat, Qumulo and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.