Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

Stable with good technical support and easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a platform of NAS for users that use NFS devices.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to manage.

Overall, the product has great performance.

The initial setup is pretty quick.

We've found the pricing to be okay.

Technical support has been great so far.

The stability of the solution is reliable.

What needs improvement?

Compared to, for example, Hitachi NAS, the solution is not mature at all. It's just in its infancy as far as technology goes.

That means there are some features that just arent yet available on the product. When we ask for customization or certain features, we'll get a response saying "it's not available yet" or "that's in the pipeline". We have a complicated enterprise, therefore we need more features, perhaps, than the average user, and in this sense this product is limited.

We're on a dark site. We don't have internet access. This isn't great for FlashBlade, which needs to be connected to the internet. It's a website, so it needs to be connected in order to provide reports. Therefore, reporting isn't available to us.

We'd love a better dashboard that offers more accurate metrics. We'd like more details about what is happening on the system, so we can notify the clients as necessary.

I've only been using the solution for three months. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable. We don't have any issues with it crashing to freezing. It's reliable as far as I can tell.

We've only been using the solution for three months. We haven't really tested scalability. It's my understanding that it is scalable however, I don't have any first-hand experience in the matter.

We've contacted technical support in the past. So far, we've been quite satisfied with their level of service. They've been very good to us.

We used to use Hitachi NAS, which is a much more robust product. It's been on the market for a while, so it definitely has a few more features than this solution.

I would describe the process as pretty straightforward. It's not too complex.

It only takes a day to set everything up and deploy it.

The pricing of the solution is reasonable. It's not too expensive. We've found it to be pretty fair and we haven't been surprised by any costs.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

We'd recommend the solution to others. It's worked well for us so far. Of course, it would depend on a company's use case and what they need to achieve.

More Pure Storage FlashBlade reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Red Hat, Qumulo and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.