Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

Haven't had any issues, it's easy to use, and the speed is incredible.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for video editing.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved my organization in the way that we used to have a lot of spinning discs. There had to be multiple racks because of the capacity and performance required, now we can put it all in just a couple of Us.

The ease of use of this solution has absolutely simplified storage for us.

We've seen some good data reduction rates. We get about 4:1 at our data center. We're getting around 2:1 for the one that we're using for video editing.

What is most valuable?

Speed and ease of use are the two most valuable features.

I like the information that we're getting out of the predictive performance analytics feature so far. We've only had it for six months so we need to get some more data.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration.

Stability is rock solid. We've had them for years without any issues.

It scales really well.

Technical support is excellent.

We knew we needed to switch to this solution because of the speed. We had these in our data centers and the speed was rock solid and we wanted to get these out to video editors.

The initial setup was easy. It was done in ten minutes.

NetApp and Pure Storage were the two solutions that we considered. The NetApp solution was more complicated.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten. We haven't had any issues with it, it's easy to use, and the speed is incredible.

I would advise someone considering this solution to buy it.