Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

It simplifies our storage with its simple UI, but I would like to have Snapshots in the next release

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for scratch space.

How has it helped my organization?

Most of our jobs require partial storage (or read/write). While it is temporary storage, it is doing a fantastic job.

What is most valuable?

Its SSD to storage is its most valuable feature.

It helps simplify our storage, because the user interface is very simple and the installation is easy.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have Snapshots and Snapmail in the next release. People who came from a NetApp background, especially expect these features.

It is very scalable. I have gone from five blades to seven blades. While it did require some rebooting, it scales well.

We wanted to have a multi-vendor strategy. We already had two storage vendors and we wanted to more competition. This was where Pure Storage came in. We were looking for a SSD data storage or all-flash base, so that is where this solution fits in.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used an integrator for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

We are using it for our scratch space, and it works well for our use case.