Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

A reliable and high-performing solution for our backup storage

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is backup.

We are running VMware on Pure because our old storage was very poor. Running on Pure helps because it improves our performance in general.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has made our backups more reliable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its reliability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more monitoring capability included in the next release of this solution.

This solution is very stable.

This is a very scalable solution.

Technical support for this solution has been great. They have been right on board with us.

We outgrew our old solution, which is why we implemented this one. We are traditionally a Dell EMC shop.

The initial setup of this solution was straightforward. We didn't run into any major issues.

We worked directly with the vendor for the implementation and our experience with them was great.

Before choosing this option we also evaluated solutions by IBM. We chose Pure because we like their support model and we like their performance. The vendor came out and did a bake-off for us.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody considering this solution, my advice is to ask the vendor for a bake-off, or a demo product, so that you can evaluate it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.