Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

A high-performance, stable solution for our lab

What is our primary use case?

This solution is deployed in our on-premises lab.

We are running VMware on Pure for improved performance. We have seen an increase in performance. We are using the VMware integrations developed by Pure to some extent, but I do not have specific details.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is performance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more VM-Aware features in the next release of this solution.

This solution is pretty stable. Since they are using it for a performance lab, it has to be very stable.

Our scale is not that big because we have one array. It is not our primary source.

We have not engaged with technical support for this solution.

Performance needs are what caused us to replace our existing solution.

The implementation was done by somebody in our lab.

We qualified with NetApp and have evaluated other solutions, but this is the one that we chose.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody considering this solution is to go by the business needs, as opposed to just choosing the fastest solution. In our area, we needed the fastest, which is why we bought it. However, there are other deployments within our company where we don't use Pure because we don't need the performance. Other options make sense. Base your decision on the value, and what makes sense.

This is a nice product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.