Pure Storage Review
It's got good speed for the price, as it uses eMLC, but it doesn't provide enough performance analytics.

Valuable Features

• It has a small footprint, as the current system is only four units per rack.
  • It's got good speed for the price, as it uses eMLC, an advanced type of SSD.
  • It's very scalable, and we're not paying for capacity.
  • We get free controllers every three years.

Improvements to My Organization

For VDI, there's a consistent user experience. Users don’t switch to VDI if it's not at the same speed as a laptop or desktop, and Pure Storage provides that.

Room for Improvement

It doesn’t provide enough information on performance analytics. For example, Nimble Storage has Infosight, which provides data; Pure Storage doesn’t have an equivalent. It has every other feature, but more data would be the only thing missing.

No issues with deployment.

It's really good and we've never had problem.

Also, it's very simple to use, and one of our customers described it as, “If you know how to use Facebook, you know how to use Pure Storage.”

I think it's actually easier than Facebook.

It scales very well. A new box contains three units, and uses the power of a toaster oven.

We haven’t had to use it. We ran into some issues, but found their technical engineer not as good as Nimble Storage's.

The setup is easy, but not as easy as Nimble. It took about five hours to setup.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

There's no additional licenses needed, as everything is included.

Other Advice

Once you try it, you’ll realize how easy it is to use. It has almost every feature.

3 visitors found this review helpful

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Pure Storage typically within 24 hours.

6 Comments

Pure does not use eMLC drives for its data storage. Pure uses the cheaper grade cMLC drives. The eMLC drives are used as pseudo NVRAM for metadata so are written to over and over again.

Like (0)01 September 15
Matthew McEnroeConsultantTOP 20POPULAR

Pure also has Lun limitations.

Like (0)02 September 15

What are the LUN limitations?

Like (0)02 September 15
Matthew McEnroeConsultantTOP 20POPULAR

You can only have up to 500 addressable LUN's , they have a code upgrade now that take that up to 800 LUNS

Like (0)04 September 15

With latest 4.8.0 Purity version the max LUN Limit is now 5000 for the //m series and 500 for the //m10

Like (0)15 November 16

I'm an happy Pure User, and after 2 non-disruptive upgrade I agree with this comment, the bad side is the reporting (used space, performance etc.)

Like (0)03 May 17