Purestorage

Pure Storage Review
Valuable features include All-flash storage, inline deduplication and compression.

Valuable Features

I found the following features most valuable:

• All-flash storage
  • Inline deduplication and compression
  • Big capacity cache
  • Evergreen warranty

Improvements to My Organization

• We reduced rack usage by 70%
  • We migrated around 45TB in 40 racks and U in three racks, with U consuming only 1 kVA of electrical energy
  • Our application performance improved by 100%: Especially our corporate database engine (Microsoft SQL Server 2012)

Room for Improvement

In our organization, all areas were affected. Our applications are web-based and they are allocated on our virtual platform, VMware, using the SQL Server 2012 database.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for one year and seven months.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

The technical support team was excellent and proactive.

I previously used the traditional disk, i.e., EMC VNX5300.

The initial setup was very easy, due to the platform being sufficiently encapsulated. We merely changed from traditional disk storage to this new technology, using the SAN.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

In the long term, the TCO is very convenient. Getting the Evergreen warranty was a very good strategy. Every three years, we have new controllers that come with new three year warranties for the entire enclosure, with the disk included.

Other Solutions Considered

I evaluated EMC and Hitachi.

Other Advice

Be careful with the type of information you allocate to this storage. The solution is good for virtual machines and databases, but not for images and videos. Compression rates are not good for these types of data.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Pure Storage?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.