Qlik Analytics Platform Review

Good ETL features help improve speed of decision making

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to provide our end-users with one location for all their BI needs (e.g. data tables, visualizations, KPIs) and have one place where all their data sources are linked and connected to each other to help the business make better decisions and take daily, weekly, or monthly action to improve their processes.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik helps us to improve the decision latency lead times, optimize processes, identify process bottlenecks and gaps, and break down organizational silos. It also reduces analytics overhead by automating data flows, enabling automatic refreshes of source data, transforming that source data, automatic updates of the end-user dashboards, and reports.

What is most valuable?

Qlik offers you all the features needed to extract the raw data from the source systems including an ETL layer to transform the data and to connect the multiple data sources into one data model, easy data sharing, security and scaling features, dashboards, and report functionality to share your data with your end-users.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if decentralized teams would have more features to manage the metadata on the dashboards, setup the specific user access rights and rules to govern incoming and outgoing data sets from/to other teams, and more features to separate the different data process layers (e.g. extraction, transformation [data quality, business rules]).

We have been using the Qlik Analytics Platform for more than nine years.