Qlik Sense Review

In general, they have the advantage of an associative data model.

What is most valuable?

Qlik in general have the advantage of an associative data model.

In addition, Qlik Sense offers (if set up in the right way) an easy-to-use, end-user, self-service solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We integrate Qlik as an EU-wide BI tool. Acceptance was never an issue due to the ease of use and user interface.

What needs improvement?

The "vanilla" Qlik Sense tool is limited in some areas. There are extensions for nearly everything; however, it comes at a cost if you still want to be sure these extensions still work after a Qlik update.

I have used Qlik Sense now for ~2 years.

The only issue we encountered were made internally (server, performance...).

I give the customer service a 9/10.

Technical support is the same, 9/10 (very satisfied).

We used MicroStrategy but in comparison to Qlik, it was way too complicated and slow.

We implemented it with the help of a vendor team. Based on the experiences and the final result, it was straightforward and (still) great support.

Depending of the company size, of course, an enterprise license model makes sense.

Prices from Qlik are in general high; however, there are more and more other vendors who offers the same support. Nonetheless, I recommend to check experience level beforehand, as not all Qlik-certified partners have the same level of quality, in my opinion.

What other advice do I have?

I'm very satisfied with Sense; however, I prefer Qlik View even more at the moment due to some limitations with Sense (please see the area for improvements section).