Qlik Sense Review

Makes it simple to design graphs on the fly.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense makes it simple to design graphs on the fly in very little time.

How has it helped my organization?

It has cut the production time of creating reports from hours to minutes.

What needs improvement?

Visually, Qlik Sense has some bugs that prevents the user from being able to customize fonts and certain layouts. When a total column is added it bolds the second column instead of the total column. It looks poor from a presentation standpoint. Additionally, you cannot customize the font type, color, or size.

We have been using Qlik Sense for five months.

There were some deployment issues but nothing that was not correctable.

Initially, we had issues with reloads failing but have not experienced any stability issues for multiple months since then.

We are not encountering any scalability issues at this time.

The customer service is excellent and definitely care about the client.

I have not had to use the technical support.

We did not use a comparable product prior to using Qlik Sense.

The initial setup was somewhat challenging but we worked with a consultant to ease the burden.

The vendor was very good with implementing but we have not had great success with them through the build process.

We have not determined our ROI at this point.

Find out how many users will actually be in Qlik Sense on a daily basis as opposed to users that only want to see a set display at scheduled frequency. If they want to see a set display, I would suggest using NPrinting and not buying the individual a license.

Some other options were evaluated but I do not recall the names of the other BI tools.

What other advice do I have?

It is a significant time commitment on the front end, so plan accordingly.

1 Comment
author avatarJulia Frohwein
Community Mgr

Thanks for your review Brandon. I was wondering if you could elaborate on the valuable features of Qlik Sense as oppose to other options in the BI category? I'd love to hear more about that. Thanks, Julia