Qlik Sense Review

You can build a very nice dashboard and/or report very quickly, even if your data is scattered between different files or even platforms.

What is most valuable?

Rapid Development is the most valuable feature to my humble opinion. You can build a very nice dashboard and/or report very quickly (simple reports can be ready in a matter of minutes!) even if your data is scattered between different files or even platform (excels, DB, etc.)

How has it helped my organization?

1. Managed to aggregate data from several separate legacy and cloud systems into one dashboard to validate expected correlation and insights.

2. Managed to save valuable time to managers by building automated quarterly report, which serve them in the business plan meetings with their reps.

What needs improvement?

1. Qlik Sense (as for ver 3.1) is still missing some key functionality that Qlikview has.

2. Qlik has a fast learning curve due to great online training resources (Qlik continuous classroom), but those are lacking the advance features like building extensions and using the API.

QlikView - 2 years

QlikSense - 1 year

Was not involved in the deployment of the tools.

Not with the Qlik server.

I did found out that our daily backup process fail to backup QVW files from the desktop.

Cannot rate since I hadn't used it yet.

Technical support is very good due to the large active community.

Most of the technical advise which I implemented came from posts of members in the community.

No, I didn't use any other solution previously.

I was only involved in the setup of the desktop edition tools, and they are straightforward.

Used mixed teams. The vendor employees are very experienced and professionals.

If you have users that don't need/want to do self-service analytics (which is the main advantage of Qlik Sense), consider buying less licenses for Qlik Sense and instead by a license for Nprinting tool (also a product of Qlik) which can be used to build and automatically send periodical reports extracted directly from the solution you already developed in QlikView.

No, I wasn't on the team who did the evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

Qlik is using what they call "Associative Model". While this is what give Qlik one of its benefits and for you (the developer/user) the ease of building rapid dashboard and reports, Make sure you truly understand this "Associative Model" before you are stepping into the role of building the data model for the solution.