Qlik Sense Review

Provides self-Service use of the desktop version with the ability to port applications into the server environment

What is most valuable?

Self-service use of the desktop version with the ability to port applications into the server environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Much more information is now available when meeting with vendors to discuss issues and trends.

What needs improvement?

Ability for the administrator to approve Community Sheets in the QMC and then move them into base sheets.

We have used this solution for approximately 16 months.

There were no deployment issues. It was easy to install with good on-line directions.

There were stability issues. The former synchronized persistence failed and caused database corruption.

There are no scalability issues. RIM nodes are easy to add and performance monitoring is built into QMC.

There is good customer service. There are no issues and they are very responsive.

Technical support is decent. There is a lot of passing around to other other technicians for escalation.

We did not use a previous solution.

The initial setup was not complex. Just make sure to understand the architecture and use the online server planning tools.

We used an in-house team, although the server architecture was planned with the Qlik architecture team.

Understand the break over price point for switching to the Enterprise license.

We evaluated Tableau, Power BI, and Lumira.

What other advice do I have?

Utilize the resources Qlik has online. The white papers, support site, and training are all very good and worth the effort.