Qlik Sense Review

Has proven to be flexible, powerful, and friendly to both developers and end users

What is our primary use case?

Provide DIY solutions to business users who are knowledgeable (or just like to tinker with their own reporting designs), based on standardized, aggregated data sets to support consistent analytics across the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

Still getting there, but the availability of KPI monitoring on demand has led to improvements in data visibility and understanding of the value of reliable data insights.

What is most valuable?

• Access to multiple data sources
  • Ability to design modular solutions
  • Ability to implement a flexible data model that is accessible to knowledgeable users.
  • In addition, the new capabilities in Qlik Sense introduced in Spring 2018 have expanded its capabilities significantly.  And the "mash-up" capability with QlikView and Qlik Sense allows the best of both in a single solution.

What needs improvement?

Qlik's data handling could still use some strengthening, flexibility, and overall improvement. As a long-time data architect, I cannot overly stress how much the product could be improved by the addition of a more powerful data engine.

Still implementing.

Occasionally, the software does behave somewhat erratically. However, I find this to be true of every platform. Qlik has done a good job of maintaining stability while supporting remarkable growth.

No, not in the software. Scalability issues have arisen only because we have more projects that could use this power than we have IT resources to support them.

Qlik has always shown excellent service, from the communities to its partners to Qlik itself. They obviously value their customers.

While I have hit a few problems that seemed new to the tech support teams, I've had a habit of doing that with other platforms over the years. Their tech support is excellent.

When they cannot solve a problem immediately, they make sure to stay in touch with us and, honestly, relate both the issues and their status. I can be patient as long as the support team is open with me. Qlik is.

I've used multiple solutions in BI. Qlik has proven to be flexible, powerful, and friendly to both developers and end users.

Initial setup was very straightforward, and the online resources helped with any issues we encountered ramping up.

This was an in-house implementation following a vendor-support QlikView implementation. The vendor was a Qlik partner and has been excellent.

Calculating ROI is always difficult in BI, and we have never agreed on a final formula or result.

Pay close attention to your licensing needs, especially when determining your requirements for developers vs users. Qlik offers excellent options, but you have to know your own requirements for them to help you.

Multiple other options were and have been considered.

What other advice do I have?

Keep building and always turn to your colleagues in the Qlik community when you need assistance.

Qlik: Keep up the good work, but I mean what I say about your data engine. It could stand some enhancement. I would never recommend anyone away from your product because of it, but adding power would only increase your products' abilities and ultimate success.