Qlik Sense Review

We were able to identify easy things, such as when a contract was loaded incorrectly

What is our primary use case?

Within the University of Miami healthcare system (UHealth), we wanted to see a high level view of our contracting performance. We currently are utilizing multiple systems of truth. We utilize the Advisory Board's PIC (Payment Integrity Compass) system to model all of our hospital contracts. For professional services, we use Experian's modeling tool. We wanted to consolidate all these different inputs of expected payment values into one view or report. There was a need to compare expected contractual values with actual over time.

It helps our team get better at predicting the future if we continue to monitor and follow. Our hope is that actual values would materialize from our expected values.

How has it helped my organization?

In our own wheelhouse, we were able to identify easy things, such as when a contract was loaded incorrectly. We also began to see how our processes and other team's processes were negatively affecting the bottom line. We were able to provide tips to other teams to help improve their processes.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense data visualization building gives users tons of insight and connections that they may not have thought about. When you start play and building with knowledge that is presented, it just begs for more.

What needs improvement?

Trending percentage volume over time in a new way, instead of using multiple pie charts, just have a percent scale and line that shows the percent change over time.

The ability to free form visualizations without coding, I know it is a tall order.  There is so much right about Qlik Sense that it is hard to ask for improvements.

Less than one year.

The product is super stable. We have no issues

With memory and disk space being so cheap, we have not had an issue

Excellent support with constant communications.

I previously used a combination of SQL and Crystal reports. It takes a lot more time and effort to get similar results. Qlik does much of the work for you, like a great assistant.

The initial setup is very quick and simple.

Vendor assistance.

Currently, our ROI is clear and concise decision-making. This timely addition will easily add $15 million to our bottom line in 2017.

You will spend more time on educating your staff than licensing the product.  Ultimately, the cost is low, and it implements fast. The limiting factor is how quickly your staff can keep up.

I looked at Power BI and Tableau. Both were missing many things, including the academic healthcare community and expertise around Epic.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool for those companies or institutions that really want to empower their users to do great things.