Qlik Sense Review

Accesses data from multiple sources in one application

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is creating dashboards for various departments throughout the company. We use data from VMware servers, SQL Server data, JD Edwards ERP data, text files from vendors, web-based data from IoT devices, and more.

How has it helped my organization?

Our users now have insight into their data, whereas before they only received reports and data from queries. They would then paste this information into Excel to create reports. Now, their reporting can be done in a more ad hoc fashion with almost instantaneous results.

We realized our first success by looking at data for conveyors attached to harvest machines. We noticed that the conveyors were actually slowing down the process of packing the products in the field. After reviewing the data in Qlik, our harvest supervisors removed the conveyors and efficiency immediately improved.

What is most valuable?

The ability to access data from multiple sources in one application. This has been invaluable. Qlik makes this easy in the load script editor or in the data manager.  You can pick a data source from the wizard or create it yourself. It is very easy to use, and the Qlik data engine has been able to handle everything we have thrown at it.

What needs improvement?

The product is constantly being improved upon.

I would like to see more native features from QlikView integrated into Qlik Sense.