Qlik Sense Review

Detects performance issues and suggests appropriate remedial action

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for tactical operations, engineering, logistics, and test engineering to improve throughput, delivery, machine performance, and machine availability.

Different departments use the Qlik platform for quick data analysis to improve business operations and assist with meeting customer demand.

How has it helped my organization?

The Qlik BI platform provides quick data analysis to the operations team, which drives them to meet the daily throughput target. It helps our engineers to quickly identify where the bottleneck machines are, and how to resolve the line-hold issues. It also suggests which tasks or actions we need to take in order to fix the problem or to meet our targets.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable functions in this solution, including:

• The second generation in-memory association (QIX) engine
  • Robust data curation and wrangling capabilities in the script
  • The ability to load the data from a wide variety of data sources
  • The UI is very easy to use, with drag and drop self-service analytics
  • It has the highest level of data security at both the row and column levels

What needs improvement?

I would like to see real-time data feed into the dashboard, or report, without any limitations.

The new version upgrades should not contain bugs in the basic, required features.

Advanced graphs or visualizations must be in the built-in product, instead of building with open API extensions or mashups.

QlikSense for four months, and QlikView for eight years.

They have a very good and responsive UI design.

This product deployment works close to a micro-services architecture. So, we scale each service based on requirements and usage.

Customer service is good.

We had been using QlikView and started exploring QlikSense.

Setup and installation of this solution are pretty straightforward.

We performed the implementation in-house with the Qlik team. Their expertise is exceptional.

QlikSense offers a hybrid environment architecture, which is very cost effective based on where the enterprise data resides. The flexible licensing model is based on usage and architecture.

We have evaluated several other BI products in the market.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using QlikSense for the past four months and chose to test out this product after using QlikView for the past eight years.