QlikView Review

Consolidates all the sales systems together onto one platform and enables ease of access throughout the whole company

What is our primary use case?

We are active in the Hospitality Industry in Africa and we use QlikView primarily, for the time being, in our sales and marketing environment. We are situated in multiple countries and in multiple locations within those countries running on multiple sales systems. Each sales system has got its own features and capabilities.

QlikView permits us to consolidate all the sales systems together onto one platform and enables ease of access throughout the whole company anywhere in the world. Moreover, QlikView makes our complex data infrastructure understandable for everyone.

How has it helped my organization?

QlikView allowed us to determine the sales date which was missing in the biggest sales system. QlikView helps us with detecting shortcomings in data capturing and safeguard our margin. It also enables us to forecast our sales, our revenue, and our cash-flow.

Our Qlikview applications help us to get a good idea of our Client Base Performance and assist us in the decision making for Seasonal Specials. On the other hand, QlikView helps us to get a grasp on our Suppliers and helps us to negotiate pricing with them.

What is most valuable?

It enables quick and easy access anywhere in the world in real-time. We have satellite offices on different continents with a different time zone which makes it quite a challenge to show real-time values.

QlikView is for the end-user easy to use; a few clicks suffice to answer the question at hand.

QlikView has got a very intuitive approach of visualizations, both from a developer's point of view as well as the end-users. It makes complex data easy to understand with little prior knowledge of how reading graphs is required.

What needs improvement?

QlikView lacks the development aspects that its sister product QlikSense has got. It would be nice to also get the new graphs that are available in QlikSense in QlikView.

It would be nice if QlikView could be plugged in into the company's website or an online portal such as QlikSense is capable of. There are ways around but it takes enormous time to develop.

Certain features such as a cumulative result, as is possible in QlikSense, would be nice to have since it takes quite some time to get this right from a developer's point of view.

I have been using QlikView for five years.

It is very robust.

The scalability is quite good, QlikView is fairly versatile yet robust at the same time and can be applied on multiple levels

Did not need any of this yet.

Setup itself was fairly complex since our company battled with a legacy of dirty data and a lack of data literacy.

Implementation happened through a vendor, and their expertise was/is top-notch.

No idea, I haven't made the calculations yet since there have been multiple system changes simultaneously and therefore difficult to determine what is the result of which improvement.

The setup costs for QlikView are fair as are the yearly maintenance fees. The licensing becomes a bit more expensive and requires some planning for onboarding.

I don't know, I was not part of that process and not active within the company.

What other advice do I have?

Since Qlik is focussing more on QlikSense, it is recommendable to look into that direction than into QlikView.

More QlikView reviews from users