QlikView Review
Our support has been excellent, but is provided by a 3rd party consultant group

Valuable Features

Ability to quickly deploy dashboards with multiple data sources.

Improvements to My Organization

We have enable a user self service reporting capability support minimally by IT for linking and sourcing of data.

Room for Improvement

Map capability without add ins and extra cost.

Use of Solution

We have used this product for about 2 years

No, product has proven to be scalable. You need to consider at least mid term scale before deciding which license types to purchase, I would recommend Server versions with session cals, vs. Document cals.

Our support has been excellent, but is provided by a 3rd party consultant group.

No we did not have a dashboarding tool other than using MS Products such as Excel.

Implementation Team

We used a combination of both internal and external resources. We used DI Squared, they have been excellent to work with and have more than adequate capabilities and expertise.

Other Advice

Go for it. I might consider waiting for latest release version to come out before comparing other products. There may be some excellent additions to functionality. Plan out your environment, plan out the data modeling process. Spend time on governance of the processes that support the user self service capabilities. Although end users can use the product easily, they may need help with data procurement. Think about security of your data before turning everyone loose.

2 Comments

it_user1068VendorLEADERBOARD

What can you say about the security and stability of this program? How would you rate it against other tools for Business Intelligence?

30 June 13
it_user11226Vendor

To what underlying database(s) were you connecting?

09 October 13