QlikView Review

Our support has been excellent, but is provided by a 3rd party consultant group

What is most valuable?

Ability to quickly deploy dashboards with multiple data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

We have enable a user self service reporting capability support minimally by IT for linking and sourcing of data.

What needs improvement?

Map capability without add ins and extra cost.

We have used this product for about 2 years

No, product has proven to be scalable. You need to consider at least mid term scale before deciding which license types to purchase, I would recommend Server versions with session cals, vs. Document cals.

Our support has been excellent, but is provided by a 3rd party consultant group.

No we did not have a dashboarding tool other than using MS Products such as Excel.

We used a combination of both internal and external resources. We used DI Squared, they have been excellent to work with and have more than adequate capabilities and expertise.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. I might consider waiting for latest release version to come out before comparing other products. There may be some excellent additions to functionality. Plan out your environment, plan out the data modeling process. Spend time on governance of the processes that support the user self service capabilities. Although end users can use the product easily, they may need help with data procurement. Think about security of your data before turning everyone loose.
More QlikView reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
2 Comments

author avatarit_user1068 (Tech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

What can you say about the security and stability of this program? How would you rate it against other tools for Business Intelligence?

author avatarit_user11226 (BI Expert at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees)

To what underlying database(s) were you connecting?