QlikView Review

A powerful user-friendly BI tool with an amazing graphic interface but security is difficult and slow to implement.

What is most valuable?

The graphic interface is amazing, it is also very user-friendly and easy for developers to iterate, modify and evolve it. Due to its "in memory" nature it is very fast and powerful.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a very easy-to-sell product. The value added is huge and the ROI is very high since the projects are done relatively fast.

What needs improvement?

Implement security model for a document can be difficult and slow to implement.

3 Years

Customer Service: Direct Communication, usually quick responsesTechnical Support: 9/10

I have worked basically with CPM tools so this is my first BI tool.

It is very easy to install Qlikview. The important part is to size correctly the servers according to the size of the application and the number of users.

In my company we work with many BI tools from different vendors, from SAP and Oracle to Pentaho and Qlikview.

What other advice do I have?

What I have seen is that it's addictive for the users. So if you are an IT manager and you are planning to use another BI tool, try not to show Qlikview to the users or they won´t let you change.