QlikView Review
QlikView has changed the face of BI, Qlik Sense has taken Qlik to the premier league

What is most valuable?

Speed of in-memory processing
Associative model - no more cubes
Speed of development

How has it helped my organization?

We create BI solutions so our customers benefit from solutions that are delivered in weeks rather than months and we look good by providing timely value-for-money solutions

What needs improvement?

Although Qliktech's road map clearly states that QlikView has a long way to go, most of the R&D effort seems to be benefiting Qlik Sense which is getting stronger and sexier with every release 5 a year from now - June 2017).
Qlik Sense makes selling "Qlik" easier - the only "negative" aspect is that the "self-service" capability of Qlik Sense means less consultancy for our company but more customers!

8 years

Rarely

Almost never

Excellent

Excellent

Setup is straightforward especially with later editions of QlikView

In-house

N/A - we are resellers

What other advice do I have?

Gartner and others have a good reason to rate it so high. Amazing product.

3 Comments

it_user5802Vendor

From our investigation into QlikView, one of the major weaknesses was the ability to print the screens or reports. We see it has major potential as an added BI solution, but cannot be a complete BI Solution. We are a large EPIC (Healthcare) user. EPIC is going to be supporting QlikView in the 2014 release, so it is very possible we will be adding it to our BI tool set, which already has SAP (Crystal/WEBI).

04 March 14
it_user75033Real UserTOP 20

See, if you want to use the Qlik graphs and tables in reports, please use the qlikview front-end (not thin AJAX client). With that you can copy and paste objects into Excel, powerpoint and other tools. Qlikview also has option to prepare pdf templates which can auto update the objects and thus save any re-editing time for ongoing daily/weekly/monthly reporting.

14 June 16
Leander du PlessisReal User

Also N-Printing solves the automated screen printing and reports problem.

24 January 18