Qlikview

QlikView Review
Presentation of data on a map and what-if modeling could be better, but its point and click user interface is valuable

Valuable Features:

The features of this product that are most valuable are: its point and click user interface, speed, ability to follow dependencies in data, ability to fix any view in my special sheet, ability to track back to data sources for any output value or part of a graph.

Improvements to My Organization:

We implemented an application for control of sales team, for controlling. Accounting people or our sales director are able to work with it without extensive training and they are able to do their own analysis without support of IT people. We developed an application for health insurance company that allows them better control of a cost paid to hospitals or doctors. They have very detailed analysis of drugs paid by insurance.

Room for Improvement:

Areas of this product with room for improvement are ETL, presentation of data on a map, what-if modeling or predictive modeling, license policy.

Use of Solution:

We are using it for, I think, 6 years.

Deployment Issues:

No. But you should respect such special features when you design a data model.

Stability Issues:

No issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

No. But we did not used QlikView for Big data.

The customer service is done by partners. So if you have knowledgeable partner the service is good, if not you can easily switch to another. Our country is small and there are several partners who can support QlikView, so I think that every customer could receive good support.

Technical support from QlikTech is at standard level. What is non-standard in a comparison with other tools is the very low number of errors that we found. I do not remember any important error during the time we used it.

Previous Solutions:

We used Microstrategy, Actuate, Crystal Reports. Microstrategy was much slower (all of them) and it had very bad support in our country. All three tools consumed much more days for building the applications – but it was 5-6 years ago, I am not familiar with today’s versions.

Initial Setup:

It was straightforward, but we have skilled people and we are not beginners. We are an IT company.

Implementation Team:

We did implementation in-house and we deliver projects for our clients. We have people that passed training in QlikTech.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Day to day cost consists from maintenance fee and we have a man, who is responsible for development of the internal application. But the same man together with other members of BI team are working for the customers. Setup cost was not high. When we started we bought 5 licenses and developed the application in-house, but during the years we have invested in the development of our internal applications. It is a continuous improvement.

Other Solutions Considered:

We have knowledge of Microsoft Analysis Services, Jaspersoft. We sometimes use Jaspersoft as an embedded reporting tool into application. QlikView was nice and easily to learn, so the evaluation period was short.

Other Advice:

To do careful requirements analysis, be sure that you have all relevant data available, start the project with somebody, who has an opinion of QlikView.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 209,368 professionals have used our research on 5,561 solutions.