QlikView Review
The SME server edition doesn't include a deploy tool but it's a really good package for management reporting purposes.

Valuable Features:

• Relationship based data modelling
  • Flexible charting

Improvements to My Organization:

It speeds up my clients capability to prepare various non-standard management reports.

Room for Improvement:

• Macro Editing
  • It should have an HTML text box control
  • Presentation on smart device
  • The performance of the Qlikview website is poor as it takes three minutes to open a page
  • The SME server edition does not include a deploy tool, and we have to copy updated document to the server manually which seems ridiculous

Use of Solution:

I've used it for two years.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Initial Setup:

It was quite straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We involved a local vendor, Shanghai EBI Strategy, and they helped us develop the solution based on our design, however, the result is not as good as expected.  In the local Chinese market, there is a lack of experienced consultants. I searched on the Qlikview forum for many tricks and solutions by myself and improved the overall data modelling structure.

ROI:

It's not bad.

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes, we also looked at BO and Microstrategy.  As Microstrategy is also a good package, we are exploring it further.

Other Advice:

It is a really good package for your management reporting purpose, as you do not rely on IT support to add/revise any reports.

1 Comment

it_user181071Real User

•Macro Editing--you can edit expressions and (of course,) scripts. What do you mean by this?
•The performance of the Qlikview website is poor as it takes three minutes to open a page I wonder if that has to do with your server or application architecture. Apps open on our intranet portal in 1-3 seconds.

26 March 15