Qlikview

QlikView Review
The in-memory associative engine is powerful. It provides quick answers when a user is exploring their data.

Valuable Features:

Qlik's data modelling is very powerful and allows for easy integration of data from multiple sources. The in-memory associative engine is very powerful and provides quick answers to questions that arise when a user is exploring their data.

Improvements to My Organization:

QlikView provides rapid insight that takes significantly longer to reach when using some other traditional BI tools.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see the desktop user interface updated. Some of the dialogs in the product look quite dated. I would also like to see the responsive UI design features from Qlik Sense make their way into QlikView.

On the analysis side, I would like to see tighter integration with R, or perhaps some built-in machine learning algorithms.

I would also like to see Qlik products made available on other platforms such as Linux and OS X.

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for 8+ years.

Deployment Issues:

QlikView is an in-memory product, so large dashboards place a significant load on a server's memory. This needs to be carefully considered when sizing your environment.

Previous Solutions:

I have used a number of competing products such as Cognos, Tableau, Power BI and SAP BusinessObjects.

QlikView development projects are rapid and the product itself is very flexible and reliable.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup of QlikView tends to be fairly straightforward, though when setting up additional features such as clustering and publisher features, this can get a little complex.

Implementation Team:

I have implemented the solution both with vendor teams and in-house. In a previous job, I worked with a vendor team, and have worked for a partner and provided implementation support for clients.

I would advise new Qlik customers to seek out a reliable Qlik partner to help with implementation.

Other Advice:

I would advise you to seek out a local Qlik partner. They will be able to support your training and consulting needs and provide guidance regarding best practice for your implementation.

QlikView has some superb, unique features but the desktop edition suffers from having a rather tired user interface. Default chart settings can often result in unattractive dashboards, which require significant adjustment in order to conform to best practice. These UI shortcomings have however been addressed in Qlik Sense.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Qlik partner.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.