QlikView Review

The most valuable feature of this product is quick and easy access to data by top management, in an elegant and colorful display that make is easy to visualize numbers.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to provide top management with dashboards that connect different applications together, and gives them visibility and decision-making abilities that simple reports don't.

What needs improvement?

The management console is cumbersome to use for managing large numbers of users and documents.

I have used this solution for five years.

I did not really encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability.

Support and customer service are highly rated.

We evaluated this product against other BI products such as OBIEE and Cognos. We preferred QV because of its ease of use and fast deployment and development of dashboards.

Initial setup was straightforward. We just installed the Server Edition and configured it in no time.

We implemented it in-house. There are no specific skills needed, except basic knowledge of Windows.

We mainly use QV for providing dashboards to top management, as licensing is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

QlikView is a great product to get you up and running easily and quickly. However, it does not replace an enterprise reporting solution. It should be used for specific needs and would be too expensive and cumbersome to manage to deploy across the whole institution.

More QlikView reviews from users