Qlikview

QlikView Review
It allows you to set up a dashboard with pinpoint accuracy. The script engine for loading data needs a total overhaul.

Valuable Features:

I do like the richness of details you can set up. It really allows you to set up a dashboard with pinpoint accuracy.

Improvements to My Organization:

It was the first BI tool on the customer's site. It requires quite high skills at the entry level, so it was unused until I helped them with the initial steps.

Room for Improvement:

The script engine for loading data needs a total overhaul. It is hard to use and counter-intuitive. It also blocks less-skilled users at the very beginning.

Use of Solution:

I’ve used it for about a year with one of my customers.

Scalability Issues:

In general, the solution is a little problematic in terms of scalability, as everything is stored in RAM. For more complicated analysis for many users, the memory consumption is very high and requires a lot of investment in hardware.

Implementation Team:

It was already deployed when I start using it. My customer said they relied heavily on vendor.

Other Advice:

Be very careful when scoping the market. It is a good tool, but quite heavy on skills and hardware requirements.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 242,593 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.