QlikView Review

It has an associative data exploration feature and provides good performance with one hundred million lines of data.

What is most valuable?

Data exploration and in-memory capabilities: It has an associative data exploration feature and can handle one hundred million lines of data and provide good performance.

How has it helped my organization?

N/A. We are consultants.

What needs improvement?

Qlik has launched another product, Qlik Sense to improve ease of use for the end user. The product lacks PDF exporting, mapping – which costs extra - and reporting features. Also, it turns the data into QVD format that is not accessible by other software.

We have been using QlikView for five years. We have been a partner for five years as well. We have successfully completed seven QlikView projects.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability. It is quite easy to install, configure and deploy.

QlikView has a very good developer community where you can find support from the other developers.

We usually position this product for departmental and fast-win solutions. When you’re an expert in this product, it’s quite easy to develop well-functioning and complex dashboards.

Initial setup was quite easy.

QlikView has CAL and Document CAL licencing. It’s quite cost-effective when lots of end users use several reports like once a month.

What other advice do I have?

If you plan to develop dashboards and want the end users to further develop the dashboards, it requires some IT skills. If the end users should develop their own reports, Qlik Sense should be chosen.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Qlik partner.
More QlikView reviews from users