Qlikview

QlikView Review
We implemented applications that combine CRM data and sales data from two completely different data sources. It's the first step towards big data.

Valuable Features:

Extraction from almost all data sources provides a lot of value to me. Ease of operation, data modelling and creating dashboards with simple objects and the abundance of visualizations are also valuable.

We extract our data from SAP BW as well as Update 7 data source. Extracting and associating these data to form Main Data Model is quite simple. The objects that QlikView provides can be used to make complex KPIs for visualization. Apart from these for visualization, we also implemented many extension objects of Maps with our QlikView applications.

Improvements to My Organization:

We managed to implement applications combining CRM (Customer Relationship Management) data and sales data from two completely different data sources. It's the first (small) step towards big data. CRM data comes from Update 7 and sales data comes from SAP BW, which made it tricky to combine them and make common navigation possible.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see JavaScript or jQuery features added to it.

Dynamic changes with respect to page scrolling, responsiveness and actions related to it are what I am expecting in the next version.

Other than these, while adding named CALs in QMC, it would be really great if we could load all of the names from a single file (for example, an Excel sheet) together all at once.

The iPad application lacks some features. For example, container box object functionality does not work properly in iPads.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this solution for more than 13 onths.

Deployment Issues:

We had issues. After deployment, while extracting data from SAP BW, a timeout error occurred many times. We haven’t found any solution for it. So, we have to keep reloading the job on QMC until it gets successfully reloaded for the day.

Franky speaking, I have never contacted technical support.

Previous Solutions:

I did not use a different solution before Tableau. This is the first tool I have used for BI.

Initial Setup:

I was not involved in the complete setup. However, its installation using multiple transports and connectors is quite straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it with the help of a vendor team. (QlikTech)

Other Advice:

Deployment and configuration of this tool is very simple. The tutorials that come with the installation of the product are very helpful with creating dashboards and learning about the product in short time.

2 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

In "Previous Solutions", you wrote "I did not use a different solution before Tableau", did you mean to write Qlikview? Have you used Tableau previously? This was a bit confusing since you were reviewing a Qlik product but referred to Tableau

Like (0)25 May 17
51c1cc19 ed88 4ba8 920d c671f2f7feb3 avatar?1436165595
Shabaz ShaikhReal UserTOP 10

It is unbelievable to see such a comment... Before forwarding my review, I checked the content multiple times...
I firmly believe the comment has been edited by moderator and mistake has been made by him...
As far as I remember, I forwarded just the 2nd sentence which is visible in that section...

Clearing your confusion, this review is for QlikView tool... And yeah, I haven't used Tableau till date...

Like (0)26 May 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 222,213 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.