QlikView Review

I like the connectivity integration options and load script engine.

What is most valuable?

• Load script engine (or "ETL" ability)
  • Connectivity integration options
  • Data visualizations / dashboarding

How has it helped my organization?

As a start-up, projects need to move fast and this product has enabled us to have data solutions ready when the business needs it.

What needs improvement?

• Better compatibility with Qlik Sense
  • Better support for non-Microsoft platforms
  • SFTP support in the load script
  • More built-in connectors

I have used it for three years.

We wanted to upgrade to version 12 but had two models that were not reloading as expected and had to revert.

Technical support is good.

We chose this product because we needed to connect to the source system and report directly from it.

It was already established when I started.

Initial setup was straight forward. The only challenge is maintaining a custom user directory by hand, because of a lack of Active Directory in the organization.

Now we do everything in house. At the very beginning, before I started, we had vendor support.

ROI is tricky to measure but I'll give some examples:

• Finance can now do month-end statements in one day instead of seven.
  • We can determine if a new product in a new market will be profitable within weeks of launching a pilot.
  • Engineering is free from having to run database queries to answer business questions.

What other advice do I have?

You need at least as much RAM on your server as the largest database table you will read, and it can't be a virtual installation.

11.2
More QlikView reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about QlikView. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.