Qlikview

QlikView Review
It instantly loads huge amounts of data and immediately displays the relationship - both correlation and absence of correlation - between the data.

Valuable Features:

• Instant loading of huge amount of data and immediate display of relationship (both correlation and absence of correlation) between data
  • RAD development methodology adoption for QlikView projects
  • Set analysis function for simultaneous display of alternative aggregation sets

Room for Improvement:

The backend (scripting) needs improvement to be more like a real ETL BI tool. The script editor is, in my opinion, no more than a basic scripting editor with too-limited debugging features.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for five years (still today).

Deployment Issues:

I have not had any issues with deployment, stability or scalability.

Technical support is very good.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We usually implement in-house, but we also rely on external resources.

Other Solutions Considered:

We are currently using two different BI solutions for our customers: Business Objects and QlikView.

QlikView lets our customers develop data analysis projects independently with a little initial training.

Other Advice:

Only a recommendation in order to assure the growth of a project with minimum impact on the previous deployed portion: As much as possible, try to solve data complexity on the backend side (where the logic is easily documentable), rather than in the front-end using only analytic functions.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 233,557 professionals have used our research on 5,892 solutions.